Time: 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Welcome Remarks: (Welcome participants and introduce retreat theme)
Blessing Let us begin in the name of
the Father and of the Son...
Prayer ...through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Session One (4:00 –5:15)
- Small Group Activity (20-30 min
Reading (Scripture – in keeping with theme - or from noted author)
Three Reflection Questions - calling forth personal reactions/experiences.
- Personal Reflection Activity (5-10 min)
Provide paper/sheet (with optional reflection/integration question) and time for journaling, composing prayer, written reaction to small group questions.
- Group Integration Exercise (20-30 min)
1. In a group, construct an image/song/poem that symbolizes the meaning of theme.
2. Have each group present their image/song or poem.
- Prayer (10 min)
Minute of Silent Reflection
Prayer of Faithful (Church, World, Suffering/Oppressed, Local Community, Personal)
Break for Dinner (5:15-6:00):
(Food should be prepared and ready to serve; have someone lead in grace/blessing food.)
Session Two (6:00-7:30)
Introductory Remarks to Session
- Video Presentation/Speaker (20-30 min)
- Debriefing (15-20 min)
Have reflection questions ready (if needed).
- Preparation of Prayer Intentions for Prayer Service by Participants (5 Min)
- Prayer Service (10-15 min)
(Prepared ahead of time)
Brief Introduction and Song
Prayer of Faithful (plus spontaneous prayer)
Sign of Peace
Closing Prayer and Blessing (And may almighty God bless us: Father, Son…)